The BakPak Cloud Management system is an incredibly powerful way to control and manage networks – but we find that without hands-on experience, integrators have a difficult time putting exactly what it can do into real-world terms. “How will this make my job easier?”
Below, we look to answer exactly that, with this list of 5 ways to use BakPak to make your day-to-day job easier – and one bonus feature geared toward making your business more profitable.
- Remote configuration – With BakPak, dealers can remotely configure any device on a network – even non-Pakedge devices. It’s easy to view every device on the network, select the one you’d like to configure, and enter the device’s native User Interface – all directly through BakPak.
- Receive Alerts – It’s not easy to keep track of every device on the network of every customer. With BakPak, not only is every device mapped and easily visible – but should a problem arise anywhere on the network, an alert can be sent directly to an integrator’s phone or e-mail – allowing pro-active maintenance.
- Basic Device Maintenance – Devices on a network can have problems for a multitude of reasons – and most of those problems can be solved with a simple reboot. Before BakPak, integrators would have to take time out of their busy schedules, send a technician to the job site – and flick a power switch off, then back on. With BakPak, this process is simple – like it should be. Power to any device controlled through a PDU or PoE switch can be cycled directly through the app itself – and device connectivity will update within the BakPak app in real time, letting you know that everything’s up and running.
- Take notes – Let’s face it, no matter how you try, any given network won’t always be worked on by the same technician. To make life simpler, notes can be added to each device on the network as they’re updated and managed – enabling technicians to document problems and how they were fixed, and making it simple to isolate common problems or devices that exhibit problems intermittently.
- Check device statistics – Ever wonder how long it’s been since a device has had an issue? How long it’s been since you last performed maintenance? Need to know a MAC or IP address for network configuration, but can’t access the device because, well, you don’t know its MAC or IP address? Want to see the problem devices on a network? BakPak makes it easy by putting all of a device’s statistics in one easy-to-view place – making BakPak your one-stop shop for networked device information .
Bonus: Recurring Revenue – One of the biggest areas for growth in any dealer’s business model is recurring revenue – the ability to go beyond the one-time payment structure of sourcing and installing products – and to instead transform that installation into a monthly source of revenue you’re able to count on for years to come. With BakPak, network maintenance and management can become a service you provide your customers for a recurring fee – allowing you to provide better customer service, and your customers to enjoy a hassle-free, truly transparent network infrastructure that just works.
As BakPak grows, Pakedge intends to focus on providing more robust tools to enable dealers to manage and maintain their recurring revenue streams well into the future – so stay tuned for exciting updates on this front.